The Launch of Amazin Business and Business Prime
Amazon Business Launched The Canada Site
Amazon has announced on its statement that it operates dedicated B2B ecommerce sites in Canada. Canada is the ninth country to join the club after the United States, the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, India, and Japan.
“We’re very excited to empower Canadian business customers to simplify their procurement process so they can focus on what’s most important to them,” said Alexandre Gagnon, Vice President, Amazon Business. “Whether for hospitals, educational institutions, large organizations, government agencies, non-profits, restaurants, research facilities or sole proprietors, Amazon Business is designed to meet unique and complex procurement needs in an experience familiar to anyone who looks to Amazon to find sharp pricing, broad selection, and convenient delivery.”
Launched in 2015, as a replacement of AmazonSupply.com, Amazon Business now operates internationally with hundreds of thousands of sellers. And it has “millions of business customers” worldwide with annual sales of more than $10 billion. Industry analysts predict that it will soon surpass $20 billion in annual sales.
Amazon Business allows business customers to quickly discover offers, pricing, and quantity discounts, as well as tax exemption for qualifying purchases. In addition, Amazon Business selling partners benefit from Amazon’s e-commerce expertise. They also gain visibility of their full product catalog on an established online store as well as have greater access to business customer decision-makers to help grow sales.
Business Prime is an annual membership program designed for Amazon Business customers. It allows you to offer fast and free delivery for all users on your business account. Also, it provides convenience, value, analytics, and control in the procurement experience.
Amazon Business customers can sign up for an annual Business Prime membership based on the number of users. You can look at the prices for each plan below:
- Essentials: CDN$ 109/year for up to 3 users.
- Small: CDN$ 499/year for up to 10 users.
- Medium: CDN$ 1,299/year for up to 100 users.
- Enterprise: CDN$ 10,099/year for over 100 users.
After registering for a free Amazon Business account, eligible business customers can access a free 30-day trial of Business Prime.
You might also like: India Amazon Users Now Can Pay Bill Via Voice Command With Alexa
The Benefits of Amazon Business Customers and Selling Partners
Linda Morency, vice president of business development at La Clef de Sol, says her company has experienced strong sales on Amazon.com. She says: “We saw significant growth in our business when we started selling on Amazon. We’re excited to take the next step in our expansion with the launch of Amazon Business for Canada,”
Amazon Business provides its selling partners with convenient and value features as well as opportunities to drive more sales:
- Business Prime: With the starting fee at CDN$ 109 per year plus applicable taxes (for up to three users), Business Prime members get access to fast, free flexible delivery options on eligible items.
- Business Accounts: It allows buying organizations to set up purchasing accounts for single or multiple buyers
- Purchasing Approval: Businesses can create approval workflows and access purchasing analytics to enable better spending controls.
- Amazon Tax Exemption Program: Amazon Tax Exemption Program is available for customers that are eligible for tax-exempt. It makes tax-exempt purchases automatically from participating sellers and Amazon by using the ATEP wizard to create a tax-exemption certificate.
- Business Pricing: This allows sellers to offer tiered volume discounts for particular buyers.
- Tax Calculation Services with Tax Invoicing: Sellers participating in Amazon’s Tax Collection Services have a tax invoice generated on their behalf, which is seamlessly provided to customers in their account.
- Business Reports: Business reports provide a focal point for sellers to better understand, manage and grow their business via sales snapshots.
“Amazon Business has built an excellent, customer-centric business model which helps us reach both small and enterprise-level businesses,” said Matt Snyder, Director of Business Development at Varidesk. “Amazon Business provides more enriched product content and marketing opportunities in comparison with other B2B services, so we can better engage and share our brand value with customers.”